- Collision damage has been significantly reduced to help with the constant NPC rams.
- Players are now invulnerable for 10 seconds after undocking unless they shoot their weapons. This is to prevent spawn-camping. Use your 10 seconds wisely if enemies are nearby.
- A number of changes have been made to mag/ion pulses, including a reduction in how much they made your ship spin out of control on impact.
- Radar Pings (Ship Icons) have been overhauled to look and feel better in general.
There are many more specific changes in the patch notes, for those of you who like to know every detail.
Reopening The Corellian And Hutt Factions
One thing we haven’t addressed in quite a long time are our other two major factions, the Corellian Protectorate and the Hutt Syndicate. We are happy to announce that both groups are officially open to players once more. However, there are a few caveats, so keep reading!
First a brief overview of both factions:
The Corellian Protectorate is a grouping of planets headed by the Corellian Diktat, Rostek Horn. Their primary goal is preventing and combating the spread of crime by agents of the Hutt Hegemony.
The Hutt Syndicate is a loose affiliation of Hutt clans led by Durga of the Besadii. Their goal: amass wealth, power, and influence in any nefarious way possible. Recent efforts focused on the Corellian System, which has created a natural rival for the Hutts in the form of the Corellian Protectorate.
Both factions are neutral to the New Republic and Empire, though skirmishes have been known to happen between all parties.
The Corellians will be led by former Imperial player Alifisno, acting as Director of Corellian Security. For now, it will be run as a traditional faction, akin to the NR and GE. The Hutts, however, will be run a bit differently.
Given the loose organization of the Hutt clans and the various groups that work for them, we’ll be allowing players to form their own affiliate groups under the Hutt banner, without the need for a single player-leader. This could include groups of pirates, mercenaries, bounty hunters, smugglers, traders or anything else players might be interested in trying.
However, please bear in mind, no person or group may overthrow their NPC leader (Durga for the Hutts, or Rostek Horn for the Corellians), and are bound to follow directives the leader might issue from time to time.
If anyone has questions, get in touch with us and we’ll be happy to answer!
Code Of Conduct
It has come to our attention, due to an influx of newer players, all the different ways the game has changed since our initial release, and that all factions are now open again, that our Player Code Of Conduct is in need of a refresh. We’ve taken out nearly all the faction-specific and combat related rules. The new ruleset is as follows (it can also be found on the forums):
Player Code of Conduct
[All Rules Apply To In-Game, Forum, And Community Discord Chat Activity]
I. Players must treat one another with respect at all times.
- Whether another player is friend or foe, do not forget that everyone here is human and deserves to be treated with dignity. Harsh language, bad attitudes, and disruptive behavior are not something we tolerate in this community.
- We welcome players from all walks of life and every corner of the globe. Any intolerant behavior is strictly prohibited.
- No remarks of a racist, sexist, homophobic or other nature, even as a joke, will be tolerated.
II. Harassment (verbal or otherwise) of other players will not be tolerated.
- Nonverbal harassment may include, but is not limited to:
- Unwarranted and/or repeated player-destruction: When a player has made it clear they are retreating / no longer wish to engage / feel they are being harassed and continue to be attacked by another player.
III. Posting or sharing links to adult or other graphic content (including anime) is strictly prohibited.
IV. Advertising out-of-game products or services, as well as other Freelancer servers, requires explicit Administration permission and is otherwise strictly prohibited.
V. Intentional abuse of game mechanics, bugs or any other form of cheating will not be tolerated.
VI. Faction or group leaders are required to have their players read and understand the Code of Conduct.
VII. Roleplaying in-game is strictly enforced.
- Players must conduct themselves in-character on the server and within roleplay channels on Discord.
- In-game global and system chat will be conducted in-character. Out of character messages intended (for varying reasons) for all players to see should start with //, but should be kept to a minimum.
- We understand if new players aren’t used to this system, but by the time a player has joined a faction, they should be briefed on this requirement.
VIII. Metagaming in roleplay is strictly prohibited.
- Metagaming is the act of taking out of character information (like the location of enemy troops learned from a rival roleplayer’s forum post), and using it to influence in-character actions. This is strictly prohibited, and violators will be punished. Using information that your character cannot possibly know is unrealistic and also works directly against making a compelling story.
Administrators will always have the ability to override any rule listed therein or to apply new rules on the spot, and these rules must be followed accordingly.
Handling Violations and Disciplinary Actions
I. All incidents should be reported to an Administrator or Developer.
- Please provide as much detail as possible. Screenshots, eyewitness accounts and a clear, concise report regarding the rule broken will go a long way towards finding a resolution. Claims of rule-breaking will be ignored without the proper evidence.
II. The first offense will receive a single warning. Further offenses will be subject to disciplinary action.
- Disciplinary actions will be determined by the Administration.Severity of punishment will depend on the nature of the offense.
III. Inquiries regarding the code of conduct may be posted elsewhere on the forums for discussion or messaged privately to a member of the administration or an administrative assistant.
Note: Questions or concerns that you’d like to discuss with the developers should be addressed to any one of the above people for escalation to the developer level.
Recruitment is now open for all factions! The New Republic, Imperial Remnant, Corellian Protectorate and Hutt Hegemony are all waiting for you! Want to join the community? It couldn’t be simpler: Join our Discord Channels! Click on the links below:
For the latest development videos, please check out our YouTube Channel! Or, visit us on the Freeworlds Forums, Facebook, or leave us a comment or question here and the developers will respond! We also have a Steam group that’s updated weekly with our news posts, and our community is always welcoming new gamers!
Don’t forget to like, subscribe and share!